www.trackincats.com Forum Index www.trackincats.com
Discussions about predatory cats.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 16, 2007 Mountain Lion in Albany county........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> My Own Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: June 16, 2007 Mountain Lion in Albany county........ Reply with quote

Today a mountain lion was seen on Route 396 in South Bethlehem . At 12:00 noon the cat crossed the road in front of a car, two very credible witness's observed this cat.

They say this cat weighs approximately 140 pounds.

The cat crossed into the area in between the Cemetery and the Post office, where it drops off to a steep area. One of the spotters could see where the cat went, it was looking back up the steep bank at them. It starred for a moment then disappeared into the woods.

Last year at this time, same area... there was mountain lion seen in the village. It was first observed in the Church yard at 8:00 a.m.

Trackincats tracked the area and found tracks, scrapes and scat.....all have been photographed.

We also knocked on doors and handed out flyers warning residents a mountain lion was in their area. I did contact the police and animal control.

If you should see this cat, call police immediately!

This is a ALERT to you and your neighbors...... Idea Idea
Please read: Arrow
http://cougarinfo.com/onguard.htm

I will keep you informed, as I ask you to do with us here at Trackincats.com

Cougardaville

Last edited by Cougardaville on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
GhillieScout
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Albany County Cat Reply with quote

What were the results on this!-- Were there any links to media, cant seem to find any? Thanx-Ghillie
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome GillieScout...

No Media links, I did not call newspapers.

We called the police, who called DEC. The area was looked at and is still being watched. I reported this sighting because not only is it a repeat location, their are many children and animals in this area. Exclamation Exclamation

This is a very large muscular cat Exclamation Doing well in it's new environment Rolling Eyes

If you saw the location you would see why we are working in there, this is no place for a wild animal such as a mountain lion...

Many of the surrounding farms are having a problem with livestock not wanting to leave the barn Idea

We collected a photo of a scrape, prints and scat last year. The cat was seen in the late fall and the summer. Arrow

Cougardaville Very Happy

GhillieScout
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Albany Cat Reply with quote

You saw and photoed the tracks,???male?female?alone? Anything ODD Exclamation
Thanks,
Ghillie
GhillieScout
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Albany Cat Reply with quote

Quote:
If you saw the location you would see why we are working in there, this is no place for a wild animal such as a mountain lion...
Shocked Question what???terrain??? population or do you mean other than a mountain lion Question
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We called the police, who called DEC. The area was looked at and is still being watched. I reported this sighting because not only is it a repeat location, their are many children and animals in this area.

It's a village.......lot's of people, pets and farm animals Idea

Cougardaville
Bloodhounds
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't way out there in the country, you can see the towers of Albany from the high ground in the cemetary right where it was seen. This area has been farmed for over three hundred years. Not exactly what most would call lion habitat.

Bloodhound
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> My Own Sightings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: