www.trackincats.com Forum Index www.trackincats.com
Discussions about predatory cats.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moose Kills Cougar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> The Hunters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearman58
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Moose Kills Cougar? Reply with quote

Laughing Some days you beat the moose, some days, the moose beats you! Laughing [img][/img]
fngonuts
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late April Fools? You had me going. While waiting for the picture to show up I was thinking I would rather go up against a cougar than get trampled by a Moose. Moose are down right scary. That was a good one. LOL
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Rolling Eyes Is that Kira Question
Bearman58
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's my kitty, Kira, in a moment of stuffed animal bliss. She is currently my only cougar, and perhaps my last-we'll see what fate has in store for us.
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearman58 wrote:
Yes, that's my kitty, Kira, in a moment of stuffed animal bliss. She is currently my only cougar, and perhaps my last-we'll see what fate has in store for us.

I am so surprised she does not tear that moose up. My dog can't play with a stuffed toy without shredding it. Rolling Eyes

It sounds like you are retiring the sanctuary. Is it unusual for you to only have one cougar Question

There were two at the Catskill Game farm when it closed that were bought at the auction. I heard later they were rescued from that new owner they were not taking care of them properly and had them living in HORSE STALLS Evil or Very Mad

You must get a lot of these calls to take in cougars that need homes like that situation Question Sad Question

Cougardaville
Very Happy

Bearman58
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No-not retiring-this is our life. We are just enjoying a lull in the activity. I'm sure we'll end up with more again, and spring is here, so babies will be coming in soon. We usually have several cats, but our oldest residents passed away last winter, and we haven't actively looked for any new.. BTW, the cats are usually good with their toys-my bear, however, plays for a few minutes, then tears the head and legs off. Laughing Exclamation
Also, heard a lot of sad things with regard to former residents of Catskill Game Farm Sad
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearman58 wrote:
No-not retiring-this is our life. We are just enjoying a lull in the activity. I'm sure we'll end up with more again, and spring is here, so babies will be coming in soon. We usually have several cats, but our oldest residents passed away last winter, and we haven't actively looked for any new.. BTW, the cats are usually good with their toys-my bear, however, plays for a few minutes, then tears the head and legs off. Laughing Exclamation
Also, heard a lot of sad things with regard to former residents of Catskill Game Farm Sad

What do you mean by "babies will be coming?" Do you buy cougars for pets or are you rescuing orphans Question

Sorry for the loss of the elders Sad It is never easy to loose an animal we have loved and care for.

I have heard many, many stories through the years about the Game farm..some I hope are not true...they did have a lot of animals, maybe too many to care for..who suffers Question the animal Sad very sad, the kids loved to go there.
Bearman58
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No-by babies I mean every 'orphan' of all types. We get all the calls in this area for birds, mammals, even reptiles. We already have 9 fox pups, and a grey squirrel. The local dog catcher found what he thought was a puppy, and a dog groomer told him it was a premature puppy-it was a baby squirrel- Razz Laughing Rolling Eyes How does that happen-LMAO. Don't need to buy cougars-there are enough morons out there that don't know what they are getting into!
fngonuts
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so damn funny I can't stop laughing. Good thing you got that squirrel when you did it would of had a major identity crisis if not. All I can picture is a squirrel running around with a rawhide bone in its mouth and barking to be let out. LMAO
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fngonuts wrote:
That is so damn funny I can't stop laughing. Good thing you got that squirrel when you did it would of had a major identity crisis if not. All I can picture is a squirrel running around with a rawhide bone in its mouth and barking to be let out. LMAO

OMG Exclamation Exclamation Too funny, can you see it with its collar and leash...and then climbs a tree, the owner telling everyone what an amazing athlete his dog is Very Happy

I saved a pinkie from my stupid chickens once...it grew into a beautiful red squirrel. I will have to find the pictures and post them Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> The Hunters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: