www.trackincats.com Forum Index www.trackincats.com
Discussions about predatory cats.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We didn't see it, but we heard it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> My Own Sightings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kwarner
Tracker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: We didn't see it, but we heard it! Reply with quote

My partner Al and I were taking a "night walk" with our dogs around 8:30 pm on November 6th, on the Lehigh Valley Trail in Rush, NY. As we approached the trail head at Jeffords Rd we heard a snarl. We all froze as we tried to register that sound. We both thought it sounded like a large cat, but didn't think they were in our area. We went home and listened to many sound bites, and the sound we heard was undeniably a mountain lion/cougar. It was quite thrilling and quite scary at the same time.
bbones
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor, are you likely to forget that sound anytime soon….. It has haunted me for years.
We were day-hiking in NJ very close to the NY border when we heard it. We were deep in the woods. Not likely I will ever go in there again unarmed.
That sound will stay with me all my days...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> My Own Sightings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: