www.trackincats.com Forum Index www.trackincats.com
Discussions about predatory cats.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bobcats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> The Hunters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: bobcats Reply with quote

How big do bobcats get?? And what noises do they make? I have heard some noises in the yard and seen cat tracks. I walk my 2 dogs, a bullmastiff and an akita. I have a large yard that borders the woods. I walk the dogs through the woods everynight when i get home as they love the trails and exercise. Although i usually dont have them on a leash as they are trained to stay by my side. Since i have seen the Bobcat tracks i have been a little nervous. Should i be, eventhough i have 2 large dogs. If the Dogs did chase the cat would it climb a tree or fight back?? Would a bobcat ever attack a human? Would the dogs be able to handle a full grown bobcat? My Akita has had a few fights with the coyotes, although he has never been hurt as he is a big boy, 130LBS . He likes to roam the yard more than the bullmastiff. So i am more concerned about him. What should i do? I always figured with 2 big dogs i would be safe as i always thought bobcats were small. Now i read something that the head of the bobcat was taller than the hood of a parked car?? THATS HUGE!!! What should i do? Are the dogs safe? Sad
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple answer to your question is this........bob cats are wild animals.......which means they are not predictable Exclamation

PGC is claiming a bob cat at 40 pounds just killed a 4 point buck Shocked

The deer was about 150 pounds.......

Be careful, use common sense, I would not let my dogs chase the cat.

Another consideration is rabies when our dogs have contact with wild animals.....

Cougardaville

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> The Hunters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: